[Cyclecide] Tour Update- New Orleans

Cyclecide News cyclecidenews at ape.monkeybrains.net
Fri Oct 26 12:09:19 PDT 2007

Hello Everybody, Augi again, this time I'm tapping on Jarico's laptop in Cafe Flora in New Orleans and sweet ice tea is my poison.

The trip from Austin to New Orleans was pretty uneventful. The adjustments Bike Jeremy and Jarico made seemed to pacify the bus clutch (pause to knock on the wood table top). We left Austin around one in the afternoon and pulled into New Orleans at one in the morning and were greeted by Gino and Johnny Feral. Laird and I stayed behind to get some sleep but I heard tales of bottle rockets being set off in Johnny's living room at 5AM, and Jericho running around amplifying the fart machine with the bull horn.

Predictably the crew was off to a slow start the next day but there was business to attend to. We scoped the Architect Alley site and met with the manager. The dates for the show are now Tuesday October 30th and Wednesday October 31st. Pushing back the date from the 27th gives us more time to work on the site (there's alot of stuff to be forklifted around) and to do some promotion. Speaking of, if any of you have any friends or media connections in New Orleans, it would be great if you would send them a link to the cyclecide.com site or cut and paste this show blurb into an email and send it around:

Tuesday Oct. 30th and Wednesday Oct. 31st Halloween! 3-10 PM both days

The Heavy Pedal Cyclecide Bike Rodeo is hitting the Big Easy for the
first time in three years and it is going to be a grand ol’ time… Yee
Haw!

Find us at Architect Alley (between Port & St Ferdinand & Chartres & Royal) in the Marigney, behind the Mardi Gras Zone grocery store.

Chalo from the Dead Baby Bike Club is bringing some of his best custom alter-bikes down from Austin TX for this special event and Datri Bean will be singing her original brand of entertaining piano music.

Local favorites American Disaster Party, Loose Marbles, MaryGoRound, and My Graveyard Jaw, will be rocking the alley.

And of course we will have new pedal-powered amusements, Los Banos
(the mariachi punk rodeo band), rodeo klowns and bike, bikes and more
bikes.

You get it all for a suggested donation of $5 (no one turned away for lack of funds)

Thanks a bunch to any of you who have lists who can help us promote the New Orleans and Austin shows. Today we're dropping off a press kit at the local TV staton and doing more flyering. We don't have to worry about covering Bourbon Street though, it's my understanding that Xtian and Metric Ben covered it pretty thoroughly last night. Ben hasn't found a bride yet, but Xtian did introduce him to a very nice blonde who's job it is to solicit men to drink Jaeger from her cleavage. I don't think they have those in England, so it was a good cross-cultural educational experience.

Wish you were here,

Augi